Prison Road Puppies
Service Dogs...Servin' Time
PawPADs offers our “Prison Road Puppies” program to qualifying correctional facilities in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Through former partnerships with the Federal Bureau of Prisons, PawPADs has accrued an in-depth portfolio of experience in the field of service dog training in correctional facility settings and restorative justice. Correctional facility based service dog training programs have been proven to be highly successful in every measurable aspect. Inmates in the program learn to train and care for the service dogs in-training who live with them. The inmates develop life skills such as emotional and social competence, leadership and communication skills, work ethic, increased levels of responsibility, empathy, and emotional regulation. In some cases, this was the first time in their lives they’ve had this opportunity.
Dogs trained in this program have been placed as highly successful assistance dogs for wounded warriors and other persons with physical disabilities, diabetic alert, and autism support dogs.
THE PawPADs Difference
Interested in bringing Prison Road Puppies to your correctional facility?
Prison Road Puppies is much more than an activity program to keep inmates/clients occupied. Prison Road Puppies offers:
- An established curriculum and extensive experience training both dogs and people
- A mission statement specifically focused on the educational aspect of training dogs
- Complete package of skills and knowledge developed by pioneers in the field
- Broad, up-to-date and relevant Continuing Education experience
- Previous experience within the Federal Bureau of Prisons system.