1. Compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
We do not request personal information about children. When kids send email to us, their online contact information (email address) is not used to re-contact them and is not maintained in retrievable form
2. Social Networks
3. What the heck is Personally Identifiable Information, anyway?
The United States Office of Management and Budget (OMB) defines it as follows: Information which can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, such as their name, social security number, biometric records, etc. alone, or when combined with other personal or identifying information which is linked or linkable to a specific individual, such as date and place of birth, mother’s maiden name, etc.
4. Sharing your personal information
We have a very simple and straightforward policy: We do not trade, sell, share, or rent, your personal information with outsiders without your advance permission.
There are extremely rare instances, though, when we may be required to share your information: when required to do so by law or by judicial process or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of PawPADs staff, clients, or volunteers.
5. What personally identifiable information do we collect and how do we use it?
We collect no personal information about you when you visit the site unless you choose to provide that information to us during your visit.
If you do so, we use the information submitted to us to enable staff, employees, or volunteers managing this information to:
- respond to your request,
- assess to ability of PawPADs to meet the your needs,
- send you newsletters and e-mail updates about our work (including charitable solicitations),
You can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Site related activities (such as applying for a service dog, or making an online donation).
PawPADs uses third party organizations to process online donations and we do not gather or retain your credit card or personal information from these transactions.
You need to read the privacy and security policies of these services, as PawPADs cannot absolutely guarantee that the information and/or credit card data will be secure, and PawPADs is not liable for information you choose to share with them.
7. How do we protect your information?
PawPADs employs reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information, both on-line and off-line.
- Online: We use industry-recognized technical safeguards, such as firewalls, and have adopted and implemented security procedures to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. Our site has been verified and is secured with the best encryption software in the industry — Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. Our staff undergoes periodic training to ensure they are informed on the risks and responsibility of use of the internet and email. Our computers are protected by Norton Security Firewalls and anti-virus software 24/7.
PawPADs occasionally partners with third-party service providers such as [but not limited to] Razoo, MightyCause, PayPal Giving, Constant Contact, and Network Solutions, to process online donations, host our website, conduct email campaigns, and distribute e-newsletters and other online publications. All of our partners use industry-recognized technical safeguards, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, to protect any information you choose to provide them (such as, but not limited to, credit card information). However, in all cases, PawPADs cannot absolutely guarantee that the information and/or credit card data will be secure, and PawPADs is not liable for information you choose to share with them. Additionally, other third party websites and organizations may engage other donation services and processes (such as, but not limited to, Network for Good) to facilitate online donations for PawPADs. PawPADs does not endorse these services or guarantee their security.
Third-party service providers are not permitted to use or share any personally identifiable information that we provide to them. PawPADs does not share any of the personally identifiable information we collect with other outside parties, unless we have received your specific permission to do so.
- Off-line: While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our staff and volunteers are educated about the importance of safeguarding your information and we are committed to holding them accountable for protecting your confidentiality. All of our databases are password-protected to ensure that unauthorized users cannot access sensitive data.
Notwithstanding our efforts, we cannot guarantee absolute or unqualified protection of this information due to criminal activity on our physical premises’ or breach of security on our premises, nor, given the open nature and resulting instability of the Internet and World Wide Web, do we make any representations or warranties as to the effectiveness of our security and assume no liability for security breaches or any failure in the security of your computer equipment, your internet service provider or other networks and communications providers.
8. Links to/from Other Websites
Our Site contains links to other third party websites, including [but not limited to] other non-profits, news organizations, and other organizations. We do not guarantee that the information on these websites is accurate, up-to-date, or relevant to your situation. PawPADs is not responsible for the privacy practice, policies, or content of such websites. PawPADs in no way endorses products contained in, advertised in, or associated with videos linked to from this website. You may have arrived at this site via a link from another website or search engine, PawPADs is in no way responsible for the content of or references from those websites.