PawPADs At A Glance
- PawPADs is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization 501(C)(3) charitable organization (EIN: 510593176) headquartered in Lakeville, Minnesota
- Founded in 2005; incorporated and registered as a non-profit since 2007
- We primarily focus on training service dogs for people with physical mobility disabilities. Our dogs can also be trained as Diabetic Alert dogs (trained for detecting changes in blood sugar levels), Home Help-mate dogs (these have been trained in the same skills as Service Dogs, but are not granted public access qualifications due to not meeting our high standards of performance), and Facility/Animal Assisted Therapy dogs on a case-by-case basis.
- Our clients consist of wounded warriors and other persons with physical mobility challenges, children and adults with diabetes, and facilities such as schools, Veterans homes, and victim services.
- Our funding relies primarily on individual contributions, corporate and foundation contributions, fundraisers, gifts in-kind and grants.
- Through our training programs – ADEPT, Prison Road Puppies, Paw Corps, Project Y.E.S., and the SIT Program – we offer University students, volunteers, veterans, inmates, and youth the opportunity to help raise and train our amazing canines.
- Three paid staff (Executive Director, Director of Operations, and ADEPT Program Manager), 15 volunteers
The PawPADs Difference
Responsible Fiscal Accountability.
PawPADs is a Guidestar Exchange GOLD level participant, demonstrating transparency in our organization’s operations, structure and policies that meet widely accepted standards for accountability and transparency
Positive Training Methods.
PawPADs uses only positive reinforcement to shape behaviors into tasks useful to human partners. Our goal is to provide our clients with happy, emotionally balanced, confident dogs that trust and want to be with them. The infliction of pain, intimidation, and domination has no place in our training programs at any time.
Innovative Training Programs.
Programs designed to create powerful, life-enhancing experiences through working with dogs – as the very act of working with, being around and training these dogs can be therapeutic and life-altering in profound ways.
Our goal is to train one rescue dog for every dog bred for our programs. These rescue dogs may be trained as Service dogs, Diabetic Alert Dogs, Home helpmates, or simply a well trained companion animal. There’s a job for every dog that trots out our doors…even if it is simply to be the best partner and family companion ever!
From our geo-thermal heating/cooling at our training center to making our events as “green” as we can to re-purposing items into other useful items, PawPADs is committed to minimizing our impact on our fragile earth in every way we can.